Happiness is a habit – cultivate it. ~ Elbert Hubbard
- Appreciate your life, count your blessings. Be thankful that you woke up alive each morning. Make the most of each day. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Choose Friends Wisely. Surround yourself with happy, positive people who share your values and goals.
- Don’t let the set backs affect your mood. Think solutions.
- Build excellent relationships. Accept others for who they are as well as where they are in life. Be kind.
- Stay hungry, stay foolish. Try new and daring things that has sparked your interest – such as dancing, skiing, surfing or sky-diving.
- Notice small things, enjoy small moments. Take time to smell the roses, watch a sunset or sunrise with a loved one, take a walk along the seashore, hike in the woods etc.
- Nothing stays forever. Good moments will come back again, and bad moments will not stay very long.
- Follow your passions, have a goal. It may take 30 years to discover and get actually what you want.
- Anger or Jealousy doesn’t help. Holding a grudge will hurt no one but you.
- Meditate. Take care of your mind, body and health. Eat healthy and work out. Get plenty of rest.
- Mind your Own Business. Don’t judge. Everyone has a right to live their own life the way they want to – including you.
- Be optimist. See the glass as half full.
- Accept what can not be changed. Don’t waste energy on things beyond your control. Accept your limitations.
- Be confident in who you are. Do the best you can and don’t second guess yourself.
- Be ethically honest. You are 100% responsible for your life. Be first to admit when you’ve made a mistake.
- Listen to Music, read some books, redesign your bed-room, laugh some more, check out nature.
Cindy Holbrook manages a blog that focuses on Overcoming Life’s Obstacles. She pulls from her personal experiences as well as through her 15+ years working in social services. Pick up your free e-book “Your Guide to Happiness” when you visit CindySense.com.