Why is that every animal from small to large on earth, from ants to elephants, can sail through life (specially I like the birds), but we humans made things so complicated, that even after being the most evolved species on earth, we are loosing our ability to go through this simple and beautiful experience called life? Why is it that most of us are stressed, unhappy, sick, and worried as we keep growing up? Why are we becoming more advanced with information, technology and prosperity with every passing day – but the quality of our life is degrading simultaneously? Yes, we sure are living better than ever, but are we living happier than ever? May be not. We humans are letting go of the most important quality aspects of life, in exchange of something we value more (but matters less).
I’ll blame the frontal cortex! We need to think less, and feel more. Nothing in life is as important as we think it is.
Then where should we focus? Here are three drives of “quality” of life – Joy, Compassion and Peace.
Joy – what are the drivers of joy?
– Living now, with mindfulness, and with intensity
– Awaking the wondering child inside
– Enjoying intangibles (relationships, moments, small miracles of life around me)
Compassion – what are the drivers of compassion?
– Other-centered (opposite of self-centered)
– Everybody is peer, and every relation is more important than the transaction
– To forgive, love and help others
Peace – what are the drivers of peace?
– Deep sense of inner security
– Well organized
– Not giving the authority to anyone to take away my peace
Did I miss something? Please let me know in your comments, and I’ll update the post. Because, who knows, these few lines above may make a person pause for a while to ponder about his life. And that is a good start, because very few could figure it out all yet, and it is a long journey that every sage started with a simple question.